Leeds Castle, Canterbury and Dover Full Day Tour
The full day tour includes:
- Private viewing of Leeds Castle - before the crowds
- See Historic Greenwich
- Entrance to Canterbury Cathedral
- See the White Cliffs of Dover
- Drive through Kent - the Garden of England
- All Entrance Fees Paid
- First Class luxury motor coach and the services of a professional Tour Guide
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7.50amDeparts from:
The Royal National Hotel, Bedford Way, London, WC1H 0JXTour Finishes:
In London at approx. 6.30pmItinerary:
We leave London to the South East passing through the historic town of Greenwich en route to LEEDS CASTLE
. Set in beautiful gardens, the castle is built on two small islands in a lake. Originating from 857 and re-built by the Normans in 1119, it now houses a superb collection of impressionist paintings, furniture and tapestries. Certainly it aspires to the claim as "the most beautiful castle in the world".
- the home of the Anglican Church. Founded in 597, by St.Augustine it is famous for the murder of Thomas a Becket in 1170 by the Knights of Henry II. There will also be time to explore the narrow medieval streets of Canterbury.
THE WHITE CLIFFS OF DOVER
- famous for its great stretch of white chalk cliffs, standing 400 feet above sea level where on a clear day the coast of France can be seen. Brooding above the White Cliffs is the sprawling Dover Castle still watching over the town 800 years on.